Mac and Cheese is one of the most loved dishes and here is a recipe that’s perfect for low carb eaters.
Servings: 8 (3/4 cup)
– 2 pounds frozen cauliflower florets
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
-8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
-1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
-1 teaspoon turmeric
-½ teaspoon garlic powder
-Salt and pepper to taste
Energy – 295 kcal
Protein – 11g
Fat – 25g
Net Carbs – 5g
- Cook the cauliflower florets according to the package instructions.
- Bring the cream to a simmer. Use a whisk to stir in the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Stir in 6 ounces of the shredded cheddar cheese. Save the other 2 ounces for later. Mix until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Add the Dijon mustard, turmeric, powdered garlic, salt, and pepper. The sauce will become a smooth yellow color.
- Make sure that the cauliflower is drained then add it to the cheese sauce. Evenly coat the florets with sauce.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 2 ounces of cheddar cheese, then stir until mostly melted.